There are companies in North America selling barium sulfate with grades as high as 99% BaSO4. How does this effect your pharmaceutical market product line?
True, but they are NOT selling natural barite that makes USP pharmaceutical grade. Currently there are no sales of natural USP barite in North America. There are a few aspects to look at:
How do you compete with other barite providers who have precipitated barite that is 99% BaSO4?
- We are not competing with other barite companies, we are not selling pharmaceutical barite powder, we are selling barium contrast suspension products. There is a big difference. By selling contrast, we are selling our barite at the highest $/tonne price points in the natural barium sulfate market.
When will the company begin cash flowing?
VOYAGEUR cash flow strategy is to begin cash flowing upon receipt of Health Canada (HC) approval on our product lines. We have secured USP barium sulfate from a third-party supplier. 2,000,000 grams has been landed in Calgary. Voyageur will be able to commence production after HC approvals are completed. Immediately upon HC approvals, Voyageur will conduct a 2 to 3 month testing before the product(s) go into sales. We will be using third party barite until the FC 10,000 tonne bulk sample is processed and delivered to the manufacturing plant.
Voyageur is working with strategic partners in India to diversify our production and we are looking at manufacturing in India using third party manufacturing companies.
What is your strategy to grow your company?
We are building a barium and iodine contrast business that will compete with the major pharmaceutical companies operating in this market. Our model is using our rare minerals to become a low cost producer of barium contrast. By using FC barite and potentially USA iodine, Voyageur will have low cost ingredients for the contrast business: FROM THE EARTH TO THE BOTTLE, is our strategic goal.
Why is there a shortage of USP barite?
- Pharmaceutical barite demand increases as the world population ages. Currently there is only one company we are aware of in China producing FDA/Health Canada approved pharmaceutical grade barite. This company only allocates 5% of its production to the international markets, 95% is allocated to the Chinese market. (source QINGDAO RED-BUTTERFLY BARIUM )
- There are many of barite resources around the world. The issue is, from a geological perspective, barite is associated with heavy metals. Most barite deposits do not make grade for the pharmaceutical industry.
What is your competition?
- The barium contrast market is currently dominated by one company, Bracco Pharmaceuticals. In Europe the largest company is Guerbert pharmaceuticals.
corporate.bracco.com/gb-en/e-z-em-canada-inc www.guerbet.com www.genusmedical.com
Why is barite & iodine important to the pharmaceutical sector?
- Because it blocks radiation, it is used in X-rays (looks opaque on X-ray film), CT and other diagnostic tests. Barium is used in medicine to diagnose gastrointestinal problems. Iodine is an injected intravenously.
In a few sentences, what sets you apart from your competitors?
- Voyageur is building a pharmaceutical brand based on low costs and being the only contrast pharmaceutical company in the world that owns and controls its main ingredient feed stock. By implementing this plan our company will be on trajectory to be a highly competitive company in this market.
FROM THE EARTH TO THE BOTTLE = HIGH MARGINS.