VOYAGEUR’S CORPORATE STRATEGY
Voyageur Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (“Voyageur or the Company”) is implementing a strategic path forward that will allow it to become a low cost producer in the radiographic pharmaceutical industry. This strategy is named “From The Earth To The Bottle”.
- Use third party manufacturing companies and third party ingredients to manufacture generic barium and iodine radiographic contrast media products.
- Register products under Health Canada, FDA and world wide standards
- Begin sales into world markets
- Begin production on its 100% owned Frances Creek (“FC”) pharmaceutical grade barium sulfate property.
- Use low cost FC barium as the main ingredient in our contrast that is manufactured by the Company’s third party contractors
- Sell excess production of Voyageur’s FC barium sulfate to the industrial market for increased revenues
- Develop our iodine project
- Voyageur will build its own large scale GMP radio-graphic contrast manufacturing facilities
- Begin manufacturing the Company’s iodine and barium from its own sources
- Implement full integration and complete the Company’s “From The Earth To The Bottle” strategy
- Accelerate growth by selling low cost products into the health care market
Voyageur’s From The Earth To The Bottle strategy is a one of a kind business model in the radio-contrast pharmaceutical market today. In the past, this model was proven to be successful by EZ-EM Canada, (now Bracco Imaging), when they operated a barium sulfate mine in Nova Scotia, Canada, which has since closed due to depleted reserves. This concept of, from earth to the bottle, allowed EZEM to monopolize the barium contrast market in North America, a monopoly for which Bracco Imaging still holds today. The industry relies now on an expensive man made laboratory barium sulfate product to supply the current market demands, resulting from China’s sole source status and its thinning supply chain dynamics.