Voyageur is implementing environmental protection measures at its Frances Creek quarry project. The following strategy reduces CO2 emissions, reduces water consumption, eliminates waste dumps and eliminates tailing ponds.
- Using mining methods to reduce environmental foot print
- Using the most advanced technology to eliminate the use of water in the processing of our ore
- Creating a market for our waste rock to eliminate waste dumps
- Using technology to eliminate tailings ponds
- Reducing overall CO2 emissions by implementing technology to reduce energy requirements and using mining techniques for lowest impact on the environment